Something we always have a ton of in the Golf Park garden is mint. Freshly picked mint can be the perfect addition to almost any summer recipe. Adding it to cold brew is no different. We recently infused some mint into a simple syrup and it was incredible. Refreshing and Summery, a couple shots of this simple syrup can be a nice change of pace to your regular coffee.
It's super simple:
1. Buy [or better yet - pick] a handful of fresh mint.
2. Chop or tear mint into smaller pieces to release the oils.
3. Combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar and heat on stovetop until dissolved.
4. Add mint.
5. Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for about 30 mins.
6. When cooled, strain mint from this mixture into a resealable container. Store in fridge.
The infused simple syrup will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
There's no wrong way to use this syrup - we incorporated into our cold brew with a couple shots of cream and a drop of vanilla extract and the results were amazing.
We hope you give it a try!!