Hey guys! We have a great new recipe featured on our #gpctable series--this one incorporates just the right amount of coffee flavor into a decadent dessert. These layer bars are a nice little treat, and are actually pretty healthy, too! There are so many flavors happening in this recipe, each bar is filled with multiple layers of sweet goodness. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. Let us know what you think!
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 tbsp Golf Park Cold Brew Coffee
1 tbsp coconut milk
3 tbsp honey
COCONUT CREAM LAYER:
3 tbsp coconut butter
6 tbsp coconut milk
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Make caramel sauce first. Bring honey to a slow boil over medium heat. Simmer on medium heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut milk and salt. Place back on heat for 15 minutes to continue cooking. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
2. Make the crust next. Preheat oven to 350. Mix crust ingredients in a bowl until dough forms. Press dough into a 8x8 inch oven proof dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool for 15-20 minutes.
3. Make the chocolate layer. Melt chocolate at a slow pace over double broiler, stir in milk and honey. Spread the chocolate over the base (crust) layer.
4. Pour caramel sauce over chocolate layer. Scatter chopped walnuts over the chocolate.
5. Make the coconut cream. Mix the coconut cream layer ingredients in a bowl, then pour over the walnuts.
6. Sprinkle the coconut and chocolate chips on the top layer.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Store in fridge for 1 hour, then cut into bars & enjoy!