Since joining the Lynchburg Community Market, our new Saturday routine has been filled with lots of cold brew, fresh pastries, and sampling some of the region's best seasonal produce and other goods including our current favorites, Scratch Pasta and SoulShine Farms. Each week, we make a point to stop by a new vendor's space to learn about what they offer.
A couple weeks ago, our market neighbor [Wildwood Berry Produce + Farm] had the most amazing blackberries. Our mint simple syrup from last summer was so delicious that we wanted to create another summer simple syrup that would pair nicely with our cold brew.
Using fresh blackberries, basil, and summer favorite, rosé, we created a refreshing simple syrup that you'll want to add to your cold brew coffee, and...just about everything else you drink.
Try the recipe here:
1. Combine 1 bottle of rose, 1 cup of sugar, 1 box of fresh [muddled blackberries] and a handful of fresh basil leaves.
2. Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
3. Strain and remove blackberries and basil leaves.
4. Add 1-3 oz of the syrup to your GPC cold brew.
5. Garnish with fresh basil.
We hope to create more recipes with our findings at the LYH Community Market. Stay tuned.